Tips for Moving to Killeen in Icy Conditions
1) Time the move deliberately
Do your very best to schedule your move for lower-traffic days of the week. This tactic can help you steer clear of collisions upon snow-covered roadways and spend less time driving back and forth to your moving destination. Generally, Mondays are the best time to drive in the U.S. whilst Fridays tend to be the worst.
2) Deal with your walkways and driveways
More than one million people are wounded yearly due to slips and falls. During wintertime periods, these accidents multiply substantially. You can help prevent slips and falls by covering your walkways and driveways with ice melt or perhaps a snow melt mat. Before applying salt or a snow melt mat, you can use a leaf blower to help you blow away all top layers of snow.
3) Stock your moving vans with an emergency kit
Putting a disaster kit within your automobile is an excellent safety measure, specially when winter time weather conditions are anticipated. The typical vehicle emergency kit commonly consists of a small emergency first aid kit, protective gear, along with a minimal amount of water and food.
4) Examine your moving trucks prior to going
Properly looking after your moving trucks is crucial to ensuring that you get to your new residence safely. Before leaving, ensure you double check your fuel, engine oil, in addition to windshield washer fluid levels to ensure you have plenty of fluids. Additionally, look at your tire pressure to make sure the tires are correctly filled with air. During the winter time, it is a good idea for your tires to be 3-5 PSI higher than average to take into account sluggish reaction times.
5) Apply safe winter operating tactics
Whenever driving a moving truck upon slippery highways, you must exercise extreme care. Here are a couple ideas to help you properly navigate the highways to your new house:
• Decrease your speed: Almost all motor vehicle safety agencies refer to speed reduction as one of the best ways to avoid accidents.
• Never tailgate: Raising the gap between you and the car ahead of you to 8 to 10 seconds can help eliminate incidents
• Do not utilize cruise control: Using cruise control on slippery surfaces could cause your motor vehicle to lose contact with the road
• Steer clear of extreme hills: Snowy or icy hills could cause moving vehicles to lose traction and slide backward, resulting in collisions
Naturally, if you've hired professional movers to help you, they'll handle maneuvering the moving van over the snow and icy streets, and you will simply need to get yourself and family members to your new home safely.
6) Do not try to move in a winter weather advisory
A light dusting of snow and isolated patches of ice are one thing. However a wintertime weather warning ought to be considered seriously. When a wintry weather warning is released close to you, never discount it. Reschedule your move to an alternative day when weather conditions are expected to get better.
What is the best approach to moving to Killeen without any problems at the time of slippery weather conditions?
By following the information previously mentioned, you can help establish less dangerous moving circumstances. Nonetheless, the single most effective approach to a good move through wintry conditions is to ask for the expertise of a trustworthy moving company. The moving professionals with A-1 Freeman Moving Group have aided homeowners in addition to business owners move to Killeen safely during winter weather conditions for years. Whether you are getting ready for a long-distance move or a nearby one, we'll help make certain you as well as your items arrive safely and securely at your new residence. We encourage you to get in touch immediately for a free of charge estimate. We look forward to meeting up with you!
Request a free quote