What to Expect with Your International Residential Move
International moves can prove wearying. Make no mistake, we know how to navigate the difficulties, having gotten people all over the world from the time of our founding. Whether you’re going from Killeen to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the United States to anywhere else – we’ll make sure your household gets where it’s got to go. We assume full responsibility for your international move during …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can We fulfill every one of the following tasks regarding your move:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, particularly, you’ll likely want some idea up front of what you’ll probably pay for such a move. Give us a call. Speak with us. Tell us where you’ll be going, when you’d like or have to go, and what sort of a move you’d need us to handle for you. Reflective of our long experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This might or might not be the final price. Further consultation with you will help decide that. But at least you’ll have a pretty good idea of what to expect, finance-wise, in advance of signing a contract.
The Home Survey
To reach a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we’re required to conduct a survey of the items you’ll be transporting. We provide two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator meets with you at your home to confer with you on the many aspects of your move, perform a walk-through of your home, and take that survey of your belongings.
- Via your mobile phone, you link directly with our estimator and perform your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need transported.
The Written Estimate
After we’ve consulted with you and assessed your Home Survey results, we have what’s necessary to provide you with a more detailed, written estimate of what you’ll be billed for your international move. It comprises everything attendant to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve selected.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which confirms locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve opted, safety and insurance provisions, the cost, and other matters. Signing it signifies that you consent to our terms and pricing and permits us to set up your move.
The Move Plan
To promote an international move that’s smooth, safe, and trouble-free, we assign you a Move Concierge – your very own, personal representative and counselor. He or she will help you plan your move from start to finish. In your first consultation, your Move Concierge will …
- establish your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved stateside and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- establish which of our services you prefer,
- provide precursory instruction in what to expect from you move, and
- answer your questions.
From this point forward, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can rely on him or her being well apprised of the complexities of international moving and advising you appropriately – especially on customs laws from one country to another. Along with providing vital information on your particular destination country, he or she also can assist you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other required international paperwork.
Then, as the move commences, your Move Concierge will keep you well informed of how everything’s progressing.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date advances, we’ll email or call you to affirm that it’s still “on” according to plan. We’ll make sure of dates, times, locations, and every other detail regarding your establishing a new home in a new country.
Our packing options were initiated to better match your needs and budget.
- Opt to handle all the packing by yourself; if you prefer, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Elect to let our crew provide backup packing assistance. Or
- Choose to initiate the packing yourself and authorize us to help you by packing specialty items.
Whatever way you choose to have your packing taken care of, you can be confident we understand foreign customs laws and will make sure that your shipments comply. That includes insuring packed items are loaded into the right overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and carry out a walk-through, to get acquainted with your room layout and the furnishings and personal effects you’re relocating.
Next, they’ll take measures to protect your home during the process of moving you out. They’ll pad stair rails, sharp corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll put down carpet covers to keep floors clean and undamaged .
In loading your possessions onto the truck, our crew will insure that moving boxes are marked and catalogued by room to aid in their placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else requires disassembly will be meticulously torn down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew performs quality checks and maintains contact with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
When we get your freight safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews take every precaution to unload it. Among our destination-country delivery services are …
- employing protection pads and carpet covers to keep your new home pristine during the move-in process,
- systematic unloading – placing your household goods and personal effects into the rooms you indicate,
- rebuilding those things that were broken down for the move,
- unpacking – simply tell us; we’ll do it, and
- debris removal – where, if you like, we’ll remove all the empty moving boxes and supplies when the unpacking is done.
The Post-Move Follow-up
Upon completion of your international move, your Move Concierge will get hold of you to ...
- review it with you,
- assess how faithfully we delivered the services you chose
- look into any remaining issues, and
- THANK YOU for calling on A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote