By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no surprise that summer season is the most popular time of year for moving, since not many folks want to brave frigid winter weather or (for anybody with school-age children) cope with the stress connected with relocating their household during a school year.
Of course, this means that there'll be challenges that you will have to get over to make your move successful. Nevertheless, with some focus, scheduling, and also a little bit of aid from a professional moving company in Killeen, everything is sure to work out at the conclusion. Here are a few do's and don'ts for moving to Killeen during the summer season:
· Select and book your moving company in Killeen as far beforehand as you possibly can. Since the summer time is peak moving season, you don't want to wait until the last second to make plans with your professional movers, because you might find that your chosen supplier is now booked up.
· Keep hydrated. Many people are unsuspectingly being affected by chronic dehydration, and the summer season high temperature only makes things worse. To circumvent exhaustion, muscle cramps, headache, and a multitude of various other symptoms, be sure that you're taking in adequate water. And if it is possible to spare a couple of water bottles for your professional movers, they shall be grateful for the hydration likewise, believe us.
· Protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Put on a good amount of sun block and/or a wide-brimmed hat to protect your body from the sunburn along with other problems that stem from too much exposure to UV radiation.
· Start the move early in the morning. If you can, pack and load the weightier pieces ahead of when the sun comes out in full force, it'll make you and your moving company crew much more at ease throughout the rest of the loading process.
· Make sure perishable things are stored in a cool place. Should it be food or goods that may experience damage from extented exposure to heat, be sure that you have a plan in relation to keeping spoilable things chilled.
· Expect to pay more. Unfortunately, summertime's appeal for moving usually indicates that you will wind up spending a bit more for the same service than you'd during other times of the year.
· Delay the switch of your utilities. The very last thing you desire will be to get to your new residence only to find that it is 90 degrees out of doors and there isn't any air conditioning.
· Fail to take additional precautions with the kids and/or pets. As mentioned previously, ensure your children are using enough sun block, and are dressed properly for warm weather. Keep in mind the dangers connected with heat exhaustion as well as heat stroke, and keep your kids and household pets hydrated during the entire moving process.
· Underrate just how long the moving process takes. Far ahead of moving day, you should begin the moving process by packing up particular goods that you'll not need for some time. You should explore various moving companies in Killeen, interview the movers which you favor, after which, if you decide to use them, do so a few weeks beforehand.
The truth is, summer moving does have its distinct quirks and complications. Nevertheless, with sufficient preparation as well as the assistance of professional movers in Killeen, such as the friendly experts at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to have a relatively easy and effortless transition as you start a new phase in your life. If you'd like to find out more about how we might help, reach out to us today.
Request a free quote