By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving to Killeen
doesn't really have to be hectic and bring you to the fringe of a nervous breakdown. This is not to say it's a time of Zen in your life, but with a bit of preparing and more backup preparing, your move will be successful, and you should stay sane.
Below are some additional moving catastrophes which may take the fun from your move, and the way to prevent them.
Employ A Reputable Moving Company Soon
The minute you know your new address, begin meeting with moving companies. This isn't the time to cheap out by means of two lads plus a beat-up truck--splurge on a professional mover in Killeen. The can provide you with the following, and you may cross these responsibilities off your list.
· Well-maintained equipment--moving trucks which go through scheduled service (check-ups, tire rotation, braking system checks) and are fully road-worthy
· Professional teams who understand how to wrap, load, place household furniture within a moving van, and reverse the approach at your new house.
· An insured staff and equipment--in the event that a mover gets injured, the moving company in Killeen handles their healthcare expenses
· Professional packing should you be simply overloaded. Should you prefer a few specialty pieces packed or crated, they'll manage that for you, so you can be assured your valuables will get there in one piece.
· Ask for a list of the things they are unable to by law move--chemicals, houseplants, and paint are on that list, to name a few. You don't want to find out at the last minute that your precious bonsai plant must remain behind.
· Count on a contract and a written estimation.
· Be sure your mover posesses a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) license.
Hire the Crew, Also
All your chums say, without a doubt, they will help you load the moving van. Which is great--if you're moving across town and they also can help you unload, as well. Plus, if you're ready to risk injury, scheduling issues, and also other slight obstacles to your moving day.
Hiring professional movers in Killeen guarantees a team which gets there punctually, understands what they are doing, can drive the moving van, and you're able to count on to move your items safely and securely. They'll also unload all your stuff and place it inside your new house--and that's well worth the price.
Move What You Cherish and Actually Use
The "if-you-haven't-worn-it-in-six-months-get-rid-of-it" rule really does apply when you're moving. Take into consideration that every single carton you pack and move contains some expense attached to it, and that adds up fast when you're looking at lots of boxes. Get rid of outdated bedding, kitchen gizmos, toys, home furniture--everything that you don't utilize, do not like, or don't need.
There Is A Snowstorm Coming--or a Typhoon
Something even the most structured in our midst are unable to manage is the weather. Watch the forecast and obtain a Plan B if it turns out you're stuck in lousy rain, snowfall, or wind. Discuss with the moving company in Killeen a few days before hand if it appears hazardous to pack up and drive and reschedule if you must. If you're moving a long distance, book hotels as you go along. Your real estate professional is going to understand if you cannot be out of the residence on time; terrible weather affects everybody, so the new people are not going to have the capacity to get there either. Don't try to beat the weather system--they usually win. Moving companies are not going to risk their workers or equipment in dangerous weather; the good news is that it generally passes in a day or two.
Place the Pets in Daycare
Your pets know when you are stressed, add to that the disappearing belongings and they can really get distressed. Board your domestic pets the day before the movers arrive and pick them up on your way out of town. Bring their beds, food, water, and toys for the trip and make them your last duty.
Now buckle up, calm down, and appreciate a disaster-free trip to your new home.
Request a free quote