Professional Packing Services: What You Need to Know
We field lots of questions about professional packing and what it involves. You might be thinking "Do I need help with packing?" and if so, how much do you need, and how can you confirm it? We're available to answer all your essential questions regarding a professional packing service for your upcoming move to Killeen.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home requires a lot of time. Most people need at least a couple months of evenings and weekends to get everything boxed, labeled, and all ready for the moving company in Killeen. However, not everybody is able to complete their own packing - or finish all their packing on time. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you have the ability to do, or in the event your hectic schedule has a lack of availability for packing, it is a good idea to book your packing service early.
People Who Often Need a Packing Service
If you think you would need a packing service, don't worry, you're not the only one. Many various types of people (and moves) want professional packing in order to be sure everything is finished on time, and our teams are able to provide that speedy service for your benefit. Here are several very typical examples of people who often require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Young Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Senior Citizens and Disabled Clients
- People Who Do Not Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a home normally takes between 3 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your house and how many things you possess. As a general rule, you can estimate that it might consume about two hours for each room in your home or doubled for extra-large and extra-cluttered spots. Do not forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The ideal way to get an accurate estimate on packing your house is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your residence will help the moving company in Killeen to accurately estimate how many hours and people it will take to pack your house within a couple days.
Whole vs Partial Packing Services
A total packing service is when professional movers in Killeen pack up your whole residence even your kitchen, wardrobe, toiletries, office – all your belongings. However, you can also inquire about a select packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Killeen just to manage bulky item disassembly and wrapping to ensure it's done properly. Some customers ask their movers only to pack dishes and breakable belongings, because movers know how it's done and can bring all the right materials.
Partial packing services should make it possible to locate the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by maximizing your own time and effort and the rapid expertise of your moving company in Killeen.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you confirm a professional packing service, what can you expect? Professional packing generally takes around one and two days of work, most of the time scheduled back-to-back if the packing runs into a second day. Packers should start to carefully box all your belongings based on their location.
- Packing a Single Room at a Time
- Professional packing normally tackles one room at a time, and each box is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will pack shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms will be easy to assemble when you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you should remain on site to provide oversight and answer questions. Packers could ask you concerning broken items, categories, or which labels to use. They might have specific questions regarding how you want them to pack specific items or rooms.
- If you aren’t personally available, keep your phone with you to answer questions remotely, and you will need a proxy present in person.
- Expert Packing and Clear Labeling
- One of the best advantages of professional packing is that every carton will be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right packing materials mean that your team knows how to pack a box so that it will stack safely in the moving truck and unpack in order on arrival. They should additionally usually label your boxes so you will be able to find certain belongings and assemble rooms when you arrive.
- Stacking Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The last step is stacking your boxes to prepare for the arrival of the moving truck. You could ask the professional movers in Killeen to leave boxes in the areas for which they were packed, or to pile everything in the living room for quick, efficient truck loading when it’s moving day.
How Do You Make Sure You are Prepared for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers are scheduled to be there soon? You can make the day less chaotic and the pack more organized with just a little prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make sure you have clean dishes and folded or hung up laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Killeen to pack up the kitchen and also bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Proper Rooms
- When the residence is packed and unpacked, it is usually done by room. While you don't have to fully tidy up, putting belongings in their rightful area is a good way to be certain they end up in the correct carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Empty your pantry one way or the other. Challenge the family to create pantry-emptying recipes and donate whatever is left. Apart from a few spices and dry goods, there's no need to pack and move food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Lastly, create a list of any items you happen to be stressed about to chat about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If you have a big move in the near future, you may not have the time or ability to do all the packing alone - and that will be perfectly fine. Full-service professional movers in Killeen like A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers professional packing services. Contact us today to discuss the packing services your move may require.
Request a free quote