Moving & Stress: Do They Have to Go Hand in Hand?
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
As a professional moving company in Killeen, we have seen all kinds of moves, both smooth as well as chaotic, and we have a few suggestions that could help you avoid the stress of moving.
· Acknowledge that the stress is normal. Pretending that you aren’t stressed might make you even more stressed. Stress will be normal as well as natural, and working through it does require admitting it is present.
· Try to allow yourself enough time to accomplish what needs to be done. It takes most people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. When you own a bunch of things, then it might likely take additional time. If you require moving boxes, be sure to order or buy them well ahead and have a plan for if you need more. Check with your local moving company in Killeen, as they could have used cartons available. You will want to also allow a day or two to clean the house you are leaving.
· Have a plan. Think about how you want to prepare everything for a good result. Some people need lots of to-do lists, some people might look to locate a moving app for their cell. Create deadlines for each and every phase of the move and give yourself enough time that blowing the deadline won't mean a catastrophe. And, think about what needs to be put into which box. Label your boxes plainly and also consistently, so you can explain your labels to the professional movers in Killeen. Label all things that are delicate. Plan which room belongings are going into in the new home and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in Killeen will happily set everything labeled "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Don't be afraid to ask for assistance or hire a moving company to assist. You do not have to handle the entire move yourself. Recruit your friends and extended family members for help. Employ professional movers in Killeen for the heavy lifting, though, rather than banking on anyone's goodwill. When you’re super busy and can swing it, give some thought to hiring the moving company in Killeen to do some or all the packing, too.
· Be okay to get rid of things. Moving can be a wonderful excuse to clean out things which might be sitting in your home a long time out of sheer laziness. In the event you have a dilapidated piece of furniture, now might be the time to get rid of it and buy a replacement after you move. Old TVs that won’t turn on? Books you have not read in several years? Something you totally forgot you even had? Sell the things you can and donate the others.
· Make sure to allow for downtime. Moving can take over your entire life. Many people discover they don't have time to obtain sufficient sleep throughout the move. Or they might not do anything accept work, move, and worry about the move. Allow some slack in your schedule so you might have a moment to go out for lunch, take the kids to a movie, etc.
· If you are moving to a new neighborhood or a new town, explore the new city for a bit. Spend some time hunting for diners you want to try and attractions you want to explore. Create a list of the eateries and choose one that sounds really good, then plan to visit the day after you move when you don't have your kitchen items unpacked yet.
Moving can be stressful, however these guidelines may help lessen the stress and perhaps turn it into an adventure. Don’t forget that professional movers in Killeen can help with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in Killeen should be a super resource for everything from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Additionally, keep in mind this is a temporary situation and your life will return to normal in the near future.
Request a free quote