By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Well done, you're the intelligent one who lined up your moving company in Killeen
early, walked through your residence along with a moving company representative to ascertain the amount of moving vans and workers you will need, and appropriately packed and tagged your boxes.
Now, have you read the small print on the written agreement? If you didn't read the complete thing, and quite a few people don't get past the date ranges and numbers before their eyeballs glaze over, get it, take a seat, and read it right now. Fill another mug of coffee if you need to, however when you get to the part regarding what the movers in Killeen are unable to have on the moving truck, likelihood is really good that contract is going to have your undivided focus.
What You Cannot Transport
Which of these is NOT allowed on a moving truck? Are some of these illegal for the workers to load and carry, or is it just company policy? The answer is a very direct to the point, this will depend.
The one thing listed above that could go on the truck is the lawn mower--if the gas and oil tanks have already been emptied. Houseplants usually are unable to cross state lines--that's a legal issue--and moving companies in Killeen do not want any bugs currently in leaves or the soil leaping ship on the moving truck itself.
Fireworks are banned.
Moving companies will not be responsible for valuable items on the truck. Your homeowner’s insurance might take care of any material mishaps, but most likely won't replace misplaced cash. Take it to the bank and retrieve it once you're settled or take it with you.
What's Unlawful to Transport
So, the list of what it's not possible to pack and load really isn't such a bore, in fact. These are some other items that movers won't load, along with the main reasons why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and may hypothetically place the lives of the staff and the equipment at risk, is unlawful. So, a lawnmower having an empty gas/oil tank is fine, however an aerosol can of disinfectant is not.
· Plants--a number of states have rules on what indoor plants are able to cross over the state line. Bugs as well as pests that are not an issue in some states are enormous threats in others, thus leave your indoor plants for the next door neighbor or give them to your friends. If you are bringing the planting containers, thoroughly clean them with bleach before you load them.
· Alcohol--regulations vary between states. Stay safe and have a clear the bar party prior to when you move.
What Nearly all Company Policies Restrict
Every professional mover in Killeen has its own set of disallowed objects, but these are the common things you can expect to leave behind or take yourself.
Chemicals are defined by their capacity to have interaction with other matter and modify the shape and substance of the matter. Simply put, this suggests that should you put bleach and wood stains on the moving truck together and they accidentally interact under force or high temperature, really bad things can take place. And of course if you think several bottles of nail polish and remover along with a chemistry set is not going to pack enough of a wallop to matter, you are incorrect. Consequently Don't pack the following.
· Household Cleaners
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes fingernail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, as well as Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Foodstuff
Keep in mind that grocery delivery is a fantastic thing--purchase online and have your cleaning supplies, paper products, and food items delivered soon once you have gotten to your new residence.
When you have any questions about some products, consult your moving company in Killeen ahead of moving day, specifically if you need to make other plans for transport or donations.
Request a free quote