By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Do you think you're intending to move soon? If that's the case, you could be stressed, thinking about all the items you will need to pack. But not all you would like to transfer to your new home can or should be moved by your professional movers in Killeen
. In other words, there are a few items that you should move on your own. Here are four of the primary varieties of things your moving company in Killeen
cannot move, along with some considerations and warnings and how we are able to help.
1. DANGEROUS ITEMS
For safety reasons, movers have a list of hazardous items which they cannot move. Chemicals interacting with other substances, for instance setting paint thinner and also weed killer jointly on a moving truck may result in a terrible result.
Some of the unsafe things that can't be moved consist of those, including lighter fluid, gasoline, propane tanks, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, residential cleansing agents, pesticides, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, pool chemicals and even nail polish remover. Be sure to seek the advice of your moving company in Killeen for a complete list.
Another item you ought not put in a moving vehicle is plants. The truth is, there are several states with rules, regarding specific indoor plants which can or cannot cross over a state line. While bugs and also mites aren't a problem in certain states, they're considered to be very unsafe in other states.
Additionally, most moving companies don't want to move plants since pests that live in the dirt may easily spill into the moving van. Even if the moving company agrees to move your plants, they may not live, especially when you are moving a long distance since plants require sunlight and also water. In case there isn't space in your vehicle for the plants, perhaps you should give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company tells you they can carry your one of a kind valuables on their moving van, it is still recommended that you keep your essential documents and photos along with you. This is because these are things that cannot be readily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Killeen typically pack most canned food for you, however you should consider if this is a good idea. Needless to say, perishable food items can't be carried on a moving van. It is usually a smart idea to donate your perishables as well as foods in glass containers rather than transporting them with you.
You need to make room in your car for more valuable items, and you don't want to worry about accidents from spills, cracks or mold prior to getting to your new residence. But boxed and/or canned items, such as spices or herbs and dried fruits could be transported. For any questions about which foods that can or can't be moved, consult your moving agent.
· Make plans to bring your house animals with you and talk about any special requirements your pet may have with your veterinarian.
· As for alcohol, take into account that state laws regarding alcoholic beverages may vary, so it's best to not move your alcoholic beverages.
· Why not take advantage of supermarket delivery when arriving at your new residence. You can purchase via the internet for foods, paper products, cleaning products along with other basics.
· You may put your lawn mower on the moving truck, provided you've drained the gasoline and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's potentially hazardous for you to move hazardous things in your car. It's best to simply repurchase them after you arrive at your new residence. To put it differently, do not take the risk of transporting them.
To make moving as easy as is possible, get in touch to set up an appointment and find out more about the wide range of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote