Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you desire is for things to not go right. Following are several ideas on what you might do beforehand to help make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Seven Things to Do on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Make sure someone can be present: You or perhaps a trusted and responsible adult needs to be available for the duration of the move to sign moving company documents and supervise the move. This helps sidestep any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Killeen. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone on hand to answer any questions and provide directions.
- Clear the path: Make sure there is an unobstructed walkway going to your front door so the moving team may simply maneuver cartons and pieces of furniture in and out. Also, remove all tripping hazards both outdoor and indoors. This will help avert any falls or issues.
- Go over the house: Soon after the professional movers in Killeen arrive, go around the home with them and point out all items of special importance or belongings that will not be transported on the moving van. If you have any valuable belongings you will transport with in your vehicle on the move, be certain they are packed up and out of the way. This includes items such as jewelry, important papers, as well as family treasures. This will ensure that these things are safe and that nothing is forgotten. After the professional movers in Killeen have completed loading the truck, complete a second walkthrough of the home to ensure all items have been accounted for.
- Have a plan: Putting together a general plan for where you want to set your items in your new house will make the moving process much less hectic. Make certain to label each and every carton with its contents and the room it belongs in so the movers can easily put all the things in their proper spot. On moving day, you'll want to have a number of items set aside, for example snacks, bottles of water, toiletries, and also a change of clothes. Think about gathering up a moving day survival kit. Place these items up in a bag or box so that you can quickly find them whenever you require them. Additionally, be sure you are aware what needs to be done and when. Creating a timeline will help keep things moving in the right direction.
- Have a plan for kids and pets: If you have children and/or domestic animals, it is important to have a plan for them for moving day. Plan for someone to keep an eye on them, so they're not in the way of the professional movers in Killeen.
- Talk to your neighbors: If you have close neighbors, it is nice to inform them that there will be a moving van parked on the street and that there could be some noise and commotion over the course of the day. This can help steer clear of any potential issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your town or homeowners' association, you may need a permit to park the moving truck near your residence. Double check with your local authorities to figure out if this is something that you need to address.
Need Assistance Getting Started?
Moving day is a hectic and often stressful time. However by using these guidelines, you can make the whole thing smoother – both for you and your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Killeen is here to help you each step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in Killeen, with almost five decades of experience moving people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the stress out of moving day for you – get in touch with us today!
Request a free quote